Alaska e-Post online
FOIA | Privacy & Security Notice | External Link Disclaimer | Webmaster
Orange-Basil Chicken and Vegetable Pasta
Courtesy of Medical Department Activity-Alaska Nutrition Care Division
¾ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
½ cup chicken broth
4 tsps cornstarch
1/8 tsp pepper
6 oz package of corkscrew pasta
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
16 oz package of frozen Italian blend or other mixed vegetables
¼ cup snipped fresh basil
1. Combine thawed concentrate, chicken broth and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
2. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 additional minutes.
3. Boil pasta as directed in a large saucepan.
4. Add frozen vegetables to pasta. Return to boil.
5. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
6. Drain and return to saucepan.
7. Add sauce, chicken, basil and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
8. Heat and toss until hot. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Per serving: 438 calories, 31g protein, 62g carbohydrate, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium