U.S. Army Website U.S. Army Alaska Website


                                                                  Click here for Claims Resources

Joint Base Elmendorf - Richardson (JBER)


Bldg. 600, Richardson Drive, 3rd Floor, Room A-313 / A-315

Telephone:  (907) 384-0330          

Fax:  (907) 384-7521


Monday - Friday: 0830-1200 and 1300-1700


Fort Wainwright


Building 1562, Gaffney Road

Telephone:  (907) 353-6155

Fax:  (907) 353-6508


Hours of Operation:  Monday – Wednesday and Friday:  0900-1130 & 1300-1600

                                Thursday:  Closed for Training


Mission Statement:  Assist in the processing of claims by Soldiers, DA civilians, and other military personnel for personal property lost incident to service (including losses to household goods during a

PCS move).  Investigate, process, and settle administrative, non-contractual tort claims filed against the U.S. Army or against another Department of Defense agency in Alaska.  Investigate, process, and

settle affirmative claims on behalf of the U.S. Army.  Recover the maximum amount from carriers responsible for loss and damage to household goods.  


Duties:  Investigate and process tort, personnel, and affirmative claims.  Process all claims within the guidelines established by current law and regulations.  Assist authorized personnel in obtaining necessary documents and filing claims for damages caused by the government or by others on behalf of the government.  Assist authorized personnel in understanding how to file a proper claim.


Services Offered:  Assistance with all aspects of claims including claims for personal property ship-

ments, claims against the government, and claims on behalf of the government.  We will dispatch Notice of Loss forms to the carrier and assist claimants in understanding the claims rules under the new system (Full Replacement Value). We will assist in the actual filing of claims against the TSP in the DPS System and filing with the Military Claims Office (MCO). 


Additional information for Personnel Claims may be found at: www.move.mil and    https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/usarcs.  It can also be accessed through AKO by

clicking the drop down menu “Self Service” then “My Legal”, then “Claims” on the right side under

“My Legal Links”.  When the new window opens, click PCLAIMS on the left side under “Personnel Claims”.