Security and Privacy
1. U.S. ARMY Alaska (USARAK) Web Site is provided as a public service
by the Office of the Public Affairs, HQ USARAK staff elements, USARAK
subordinate commands, and separately authorized activities.
2. Information presented on U.S. ARMY - Alaska (USARAK) Web Site is
considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical
purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create
summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what
information is of most and least interest, determining technical design
specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains
available to all users, this government computer system employs software
programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload
or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts
are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are
used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in
accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this
service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud
and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented
here, please forward them to
8. Cookie Disclaimer - The USARAK Website does not
use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back
and forth from the client machine to the server). The USARAK Website
uses session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close
your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The
Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information
obtained from these cookies.
You can choose not to
accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may
take you longer to fill out the same information
repeatedly and clicking on the banners will not take you
to the correct link. Refer to the help information in
your browser software for instructions on how to disable